Wednesday, November 11, 2015

☆*~゚blender + lashes 。゚~*☆ bornpretty review


Hello my loves~ It's been a while hasn't it!
University has kept me busy (and unmotivated 
); but I'm getting work done and doing pretty okay in school ahah!
Well, here's another review for bornpretty!

Today, I'll be reviewing the lashes and blender above~
USE THE CODE; BONH10 FOR A DISCOUNT
only applicable for items not already discounted
The lashes came in a very cute floral packaging, which I thought was just adorable (probably the reason I picked them in the first place aha!)

The lashes came in little groups along with some singular lashes, which I thought were pretty cute;

Details:

Close up of wearing the lashes;


These lashes really do make the eyes pop! I think they would look nice in a more glamorous look, a little too showy for daily makeup in my opinion.
Well, my daily makeup doesn't include lashes or mascara anyways so.. but they would make a nice addition!
Also, the upper lashes I'm wearing are  the 02 Princess Volume lashes from Etude House
(I bought them from roseroseshop but I think they are currently unavailable, but I found another link here )
The bottom lashes are slightly more coarse since they are bunched together, so you would have to be careful sticking them too close to the waterline because they could irritate the eye. 

Rating:      / 5

Overall I think these lashes are really adorable, and I've been looking for a set of lashes like this!
Also, another look you could go for is cutting up the groups and attaching them separately if you don't want to glue on the whole lash band (also I think it makes a more natural look that way!)

Onto the blender:
There's such a big hype about beauty blenders, and I just wanted to see what all the fuss was about. Conventional blenders are teardrop shaped, but this one was such a funky shape I just wanted to try it out 
 also it was a cute orange compared to the dark pink I usually see.

Details:

There are two flat sides to the sponge, one larger than the other - not really sure what that's for, maybe just design purposes. You are able to use both sides which is nice~ I slightly prefer the smaller side.

I usually don't use a brush when applying foundation (in my case BB cream); I usually use my fingers which does the trick pretty well I would say - it does sometimes makes my face more cakey looking. Other times I just use a plain old wedge sponge; when I tried this out I thought it was pretty neat and made the application very easy!
It nicely blended it out into my skin, which was great! It didn't take too much time either - much like a BB cushion I would say.
It did have a chemical smell coming out from it when I took it out of the package, but that was easily fixed by washing it with hand soap thoroughly.

Rating:      / 5

Well, thank you so much for taking the time and reading this review! School is much work but I'll try my best to keep up with the reviews!





2 comments:

  1. You look so cute *o* pretty makeup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that you posted! I've actually been a little worried as I had a hard time finding you again on tumblr 😊 love the review and makeup as always!

    ReplyDelete